Saturday, October 3, 2009

Typhoon Ondoy Hits Our Church Parsonage Roof



My heart melted upon getting the news that our Narra Fundamental Baptist Church parsonage was struck by the strong wind last Saturday 26 September 2009.Our Pastor and his family moved to the kindergarten school building to seek refuge and we are seeking donations to repair the damage roof because the kindergarten kids need a room for studying, so for those who are willing to participate in donations kindly send it through this site or just e-mail me or send it through Philippine National Bank, Global Filipino Card: Jennifer L. Scimone 5921086929877746 to help out.

As for me, I went to Manila on 29 September 2009 at 5:15 P.M from Puerto Princesa City inspite of the fears surrounding around me I believed it is the will of God for me to travel and so I pursued. I encountered a miracle when the aircraft lifted the sun shimmer through the clouds and the beams came through my window.It was so amazing experience after all the torment of this natural disasters.

God made my travel to Manila from Puerto Princesa a unique experience.When I arrive in Manila there were no more rain that night.On the next day as I was visiting my brother, I saw the level of water in Pasig river was still high.The taxi driver pass through a road wherein there was a flood still but we pass through it and survived.I saw the remains of the flood trash in E. Rodriguez Ave. and clothes hanging outside were still wet.

But as for me God have been good, He protected my journey to accomplish my mission of knowing what is going on in Manila and to renew and change status of my nurse license,and visited my brother in the hospital.

Also I went to the LR Health and Beauty Systems wherein I am connected with.I have experience rain showers while in Manila so at times I felt nervous because of the flooding in some areas but God cancelled the next typhoon Peping while I am in Manila and safe back now in Puerto Princesa City.

And what I am doing now is getting people to donate for the repair of our Parsonage and renovation for the kindergarten school,and we can continue our missionary journey together so we welcome any contributions and well appreciate it.

Feel Free to spend in charity.God loves a cheerful giver.

Jennifer L. Scimone,R.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment